The Deafness Resource Centre will be hosting a Basic Sign Language Workshop on the 21st of December 4:30pm – 5:30pm at The Young Carers Centre.
This will be open to anyone Year 6+
Hey there, amazing young carers of St. Helens! We’ve got an exciting idea for you: learning sign language. Here’s why it’s super fun and enjoyable:
1. Make New Friends: When you learn sign language, you can communicate with friends who are deaf or hard of hearing. This opens the door to making new, awesome friends!
2. It’s Like a Secret Code: Sign language is like having a cool secret code that you and your friends can use. Imagine how fun it would be to talk without speaking!
3. Express Yourself in New Ways: With sign language, you use your hands, face, and body to express yourself. It’s like dancing with your hands and face, and it’s so much fun!
4. Boost Your Confidence: Learning something new, like sign language, can make you feel super proud of yourself. Your confidence will shine through!
5. Discover a New Culture: Sign language is not just a language; it’s also part of a cool culture. You can learn about the deaf community and their amazing traditions.
6. Help Others: By learning sign language, you become a superhero for inclusivity. You can help others feel included and understood.
7. Fun Learning Games: Learning sign language is like playing fun games. You can learn while having a blast with your friends.
8. Use it Forever: Once you learn sign language, you can use it forever! It’s a special skill that will always come in handy.
So, young carers, let’s dive into the exciting world of sign language together. It’s a journey filled with new friends, fun games, and the power to make the world more inclusive and awesome!